MCCSA has two playgroups – a MCCSA Korean speaking playgroup and a MCCSA multicultural playgroup.
As well as having fun the children attending these playgroups are learning crucial social skills such as playing with others, sharing, taking a turn and tidying toys. They are also developing important skills required for effective growth through various activities within the playgroup. Parents have an opportunity to meet other parents, some of whom may become lifelong friends, as they talk about nurturing their children and the difficulties that they face.
We have a variety of activities including Lego, playing with trains, ball throwing, drawing, reading, singing and playing with a wide variety of toys. There are music sessions and songs and additional activities are added from time to time.
These different forms of play all help with children cognitive, emotional and physical development.
MCCSA Multicultural Playgroup:
Come and join us for some fun!
Who can attend: parents or carers with a child aged from 0 to 5
When: Every Tuesday during school term 10:30am – 12:00pm, excluding public holidays
Venue: MCCSA Hall (113 Gilbert Street Adelaide 5000)
Cost: $10/term (+PlaygroupSA fee)
This multicultural playgroup will:
- Support multicultural parents or carers to be happy and healthy with their children
- Provide opportunities for parents and carers to meet others in multicultural communities
- Help children to settle well in kindergarten and in school
- Improve English skills
Please contact Lena Gasparyan (08) 8213 4606 or email: Lena.Gasparyan@mccsa.org.au
MCCSA Korean Speaking Playgroup:
- Participants: parents or carers with a child aged from 0 to 5
- When: Every Monday during school term 10am – 11:30am, excluding public holidays
- Venue: The Korean Presbyterian Church of Adelaide (309 The Parade Beulah Park SA 5067)
- Attendance fee: $10 per term (+ Playgroup SA Membership Fee.The attendance fee can be waived for those who find it hard to pay the cost and please speak to Isabella Bracco or email Isabella.Bracco@mccsa.org.au
- Waiting list – this group is full at present but please put your name on our waiting list
- Children with disabilities are very welcome
MCCSA staff and volunteers all love our playgroups as we want all multicultural children in South Australia to have the best possible start in life and we want parents to feel supported.
If you would like more information or want to attend with your child, please contact Isabella Bracco on 8213 4604 or Isabella.Bracco@mccsa.org.au