NDIS Community Connector Program – Supporting CaLD community members with disability
What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
How does the NDIS help people with disability to get the support they need to live a fulfilling life?
How does it help them participate in the community and enjoy their lives?
This program supports culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) communities to learn about and engage with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) as part of the National Community Connectors Program.
This program aims to raise awareness about the NDIS and how it provides individualised support for people with disability, their families, and carers to live an ordinary life.
The MCCSA Community Connectors program:
- Provides education and awareness about disability and the NDIS.
- Runs community capacity building activities, including information sessions and workshops.
- Builds connections between community members and the NDIS.
- Supports community members to attend relevant appointments.
- Gives information and support to help community members to understand, access, and utilise the NDIS services.
We work collaboratively with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and NDIS partners in the community, and provide advice around culturally sensitive approaches and culturally specific barriers.
MCCSA has been subcontracted by the Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Councils of Australia (FECCA) to deliver the NCCP program in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield.
To find out more about the program contact Hanaa Grave on 8213 4611 or firstname.lastname@example.org